By leaving an absentee bid, you authorize the auctioneer to bid for you until a specific amount during the auction. During the sale, the auctioneer will bid for you and never exceed the amount you asked.
To place a absentee bid you must have a fully completed Drouot Digital account. You can make an absentee bid for all real life auctions, whether they are broadcast Live or not. You can place an absentee bid until 4 hours before the sale
1. Clic on "leave an absentee bid" on the lot you are interested into
2. Enter the maximum amout you are willing to pay before fees for this lot
3. Clic on "Confirm" : the absentee bid is saved on your cart
4. Agree on the general terms and conditions on your cart and click on "validate"
5. Log in and complete your profile if needed / or create an account
4. All your absentee bids are listed in your personnal account
During the sale, the auctioneer will bid for you and never exceed the amount you asked. If you are the last bidder, the auction house will contact you to organise payment and logistics.