Live auctions are sales that are broadcast live on Drouot Digital.
You can log in on your computer, tablet or smartphone and access the video of the auction, like you were in the auction room.
News: we recently developed a new Live interface to visualize the auctions without the Flash technology. This new Player Live, more design, also provides new features!
To watch a Live auction
To watch a Live auction, you only need to have a Drouot Digital account. Register a credit card, an ID, or to be registered to the auction is not required. On the day of the auction:
- Log in
- Click on « Today for sale »
- Click on “Watch the live » on the auction you wish to follow.
- You access the Player Live, where you can see the video of the auction and the progression of the sale.
To bid on a Live auction
To bid on a Live auction, you have to :
- Create a Drouot Digital account, with steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 completed
- Register for the sale. Be carefull, the deadlines for registrations changes from one auctioneer to the other.
- The day of the sale, log in and click on "Bid live". You then access the Player Live, where you can see the video of the auction and the progression of the sale.
On the Player Live, before bidding opens, and later between each lot, the message "Bidding not open" will be shown.
- After "price set" message is displayed.
- You can click the proposed amount at any time (please note you cannot set your own amount).
- If you are the last bidder, you are immediatly notify by the platform.
The auction house will contact you after the sale to organize payment and logistics.
- Someone in the room has just bid € 380.
- You click on the "Bid" button, and carry the bidding to € 400.
- The status of the bid is shown by a green button.
- Someone in the room outbids you.
- An online bidder places a bid for € 450.
- Someone in the room bids € 500.
- You bid € 550.
- You win the lot for € 550.
- The status of the bid is shown by a blue button.